End of year reports and AGM documents
- Presidents report 2021
- MTC Financial Accounts 2021
- MTC AGM 2021 Notice of AGM
- MTC AGM 2021 Proxy Vote
- MTC Operating manual 2020-21 v2
- Mountain Turk Club AGM minutes 2020
- Get organised for winter meeting in Wanaka – Tuesday 8th June, 7pm at b.Social
- Get organised for winter meeting in Queenstown – Thursday 10th June, 7pm at Cargo at Gantleys (also the AGM) Note the change of date and location
- These meetings are open to anybody interested in Turks
- I will be at both of these events from 6pm so arrive early for a chat. I will give a short presentation about the club (about 45 minutes) and save most of the evening for socialising and making plans for winter
Welcome to the home of the Mountain Turk Club
The goal of this club is to build, install and manage Turks in mountain environments of New Zealand.
A Turk (tank hut) is a lightweight, helicopter flyable mountain hut based on a large plastic water tank. Creative interior design combined with the circular shape results in a highly efficient and relaxing space that is safe in even the most extreme of storms. The name derives from the saying “Not a hut and not a yurt, not a tank so must be a Turk”. About Turks
The club currently has 6 Turks in the mountains between Wanaka and Queenstown. There is no restriction in being involved, however to use the huts you need to be a member of the club – see Club Membership requirements here.
If you’re already a member and want to stay at a Turk, make a booking here..
Get involved register for emails. This is the primary method of club communication.