|Progress is rocketing forward with building the next Turk. The project has been blessed with a lot of enthusiasm from talented people. On Monday Anton and myself used the computer controlled cutter at Coronet Woodware to cut the many unusual shaped pieces of plywood (see photo above). On Tuesday Hilton, Zane, Nigel completed the foundation frame, radiused and polyurethaned the internal elements, assembled the ladder and made progress with the deck. Wednesday saw Jenny, James, Mark, Christine and David complete the bunk ladder, assemble the window frame, bench, sub floor structure and part of the toilet. The tank (thanks Jef Desbecker) arrived from RX Plastics on Thursday so we are now set for the next stage:
Easter Saturday 20th April. from lunch time.
92 Centennial Ave, Arrowtown
Pizza oven fired up from 3pm.
Tasks to complete:
- Polyurethane ladder, bench and other components
- Trim deck and add positioning elements to foundation frame
- Level the foundation and accurately positioning the tank
- Cut into the tank (have to get that correct!)
- Attach the door jamb
- Install the sub floor structure and the floor
- Cut hole for window jamb and install
- Attach vertical spacing ribs and insert insulation pannels
- Attach floor and ceiling perimeter/support
- Cut wall paneling and treat with polyurethane or danish oil
- Cut and sew ceiling insulation circle
- Plastic weld ceiling attachments and install fabric ceiling
- Attach wall paneling
- Attach red felt backing behind bunks
- Install bunk ends, bench and door trim
- Cut and install floor and ceiling trim
- Assemble the toilet structure
Some of these tasks might flow on to Sunday (also the weather contingency day). I expect to have the Turk 70% complete by the end of the weekend.
One skill I am looking for is somebody who is really good at hanging doors and windows. Also somebody with good plastic welder would be great (I am self taught from Youtube).
Saturday will be a great day if you are just curious or not sure what skills you have to offer. Come along after 3pm with something to add to the pizza and talk some “Turk”ey.
12 April 2019